Friday, February 11, 2011

a few of my favorite things..

So here we go... Here are a few things in my cases I can't live without, most of them to the point that if I'm running low, I will go and buy another one before the first one runs out. I warn you guys, I don't have a camera, so everything gets to be taken via my super duper sometimes lame, cameraphone.

First off- Daily makeup brush cleaner. A friend of mine showed me this stuff over the summer and I got hooked. You can pick it up in Sephora, the JC Penny's here only has it in a travel size which runs you about $6. I use this on a Daily basis cleaning my brushes so they dont get gunked up with color,or just oils and such off your skin.I also like it for the fact that it helps keep my makeup bags clean since I used to just throw the brushes in them after I was done loaded up with eyeshadow still and they'd get everything in my bag dirty. The smell is also addicting.

next is N.Y.C. liquid eyeliner in black..you can pick this up at any drug store and it'll usually cost you less than $3 It is the ONLY eyeliner I use (except when doing leopard print..but that'll come in a future blog). My only complaint from people who have never tried it before is that it is heavy feeling, but you get used to that, I don't even notice it anymore. I actually only use liquid eyeliner on my lids, and out of all the brands I enjoy this one the most, I used to use Cover girl's liquids but they always seemed to fade by the end of the day.

MAC-eyeshadow in the shade Motif $14.50 I believe. I can never keep this one in my case for  that long. It's great for blending, highlighting, I use it on lids, cheekbones..everything, and if I'm going out in a hurry I will just quickly brush a dash over my eyelids for a little color, so I don't look so bland. Out of all the colors I use this is the one I run through the fastest.

Maybelline Falsies mascara-I guess this is where I let you all know, most the times I don't go for a natural look, I'm inspired by drag and couture makeup, pretty dramatic. I LOVE the Falsies mascara cuz it does give a dramatic edge to my eyes. I've read on other reviews or blogs some people don't like it because it clumps. I haven't really had an issue with it clumping. My only complaint would be is that it's a pain to get off, I can wash down my face and go through 2 cotton balls of eyemakeup remover. and then wash my face again and there's STILL mascara residue.

Eyelid Primer- I have an issue with my eyelids getting kind of slick, and it causes eyeshadows to crease, as well as if I'm wearing soley eyeliner, it'll smudge and get that supper unflattering ring of liner in the crease of my lid. Primer helps fix both those things. Primer is the one item I don't have a preference on, right now I have 2 different ones.. One by E.L.F a random brand I found at Target, and then I also have Medusa Makeup eyelid primer. I actually like the ELF one a little bit better for 2 reasons- one its cheaper, second I've accidently put a little too much of both primers on before, and with the Medusa one it almost made things worse..and it even effected the way the shadows blended.


So there you have it. These are the few items I cannot survive without *makeup wise*. Tomorrow I'll go through some products I've tried, and could totally go without ever using them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment